[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Council of Elrond • View topic - Solo Scenarios for Middle-Earth

Solo Scenarios for Middle-Earth

Solo Scenarios for Middle-Earth

Postby darkyeoman » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:32 pm

I have created a website where I give details about the scenarios I have created (and played) for single player games of Middle-Earth:

I also detail there , which are mostly the official solo rules, but with some minor changes (like having only 1 Wizard in your deck).

I will keep the site updated, and add any new scenarios I have developed. Feedback is always appreciated!

This is my first post on this forum, but I've been lurking and learning a lot for several months now, since I first began playing Middle-Earth (both solo and multiplayer).
darkyeoman

Re: Solo Scenarios for Middle-Earth

Postby kober » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:44 pm

Welcome to the forum!

I haven't tried any of the scenarios yet, but they do look interesting and their descriptions are great read themselves. Keep up the good work!

One thing that I would recommend is linking each of the scenarios to a new thread on this forum - it would allow to quickly spot updates to your website, and also make commenting (here) easier.
kober

Postby gollum51 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:32 pm

Nice piece of work. I must find time to try your scenarios.

One comment on your RotK scenario. Muster has been errated and is no longer automatic (+5 instead). You might therefore decide to allow it.
gollum51

Postby darkyeoman » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:56 pm

darkyeoman

Postby darkyeoman » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:03 pm

darkyeoman

Postby darkyeoman » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:36 pm

I've recently posted a new scenario: , which is based around the palantíri.
darkyeoman

Postby darkyeoman » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:09 pm

I've just posted a new scenario, , which takes place in the lands of Sauron's allies, after his defeat.
darkyeoman

Postby wolframius » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:06 pm

Hi, darkyeoman. I'm really enjoying your scenarios, but I didn't undertsand a detail in your solo rules. When you draw new cards from the Resource deck? As in the normal rules depending on the value on the site card? Do you apply the rule at the end of the turn that you can discard a card and draw a new one? Thanks for your effort!
wolframius

Postby Kjeld » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:45 pm

I've been building a deck to try out the Coasts of Middle-earth scenario, and I had two questions:

First, did you intentionally omit Lossadan Camp and the Lossoth faction? Seems to me those belong in the mix!

Second, Emerald of the Mariner is a greater hoard item, and so is not normally playable (ironically) in your scenario. Isle of the Ulond is the only site with a hoard, but you can only play minor or major items there. I would personally just add a scenario-specific rule that says you can play Emerald of the Mariner at Isle of the Ulond, for thematic purposes.

Also, a general thought: Since the MP count doesn't matter for most of your scenarios, it might be interesting to give some sort of alternative bonus for defeating a creature hazard (as opposed to canceling the attack). The player could draw a number of resource cards equal to the MP value of the creature hazard, for example, or you could allow hero characters to take trophies similar to how minions work (though probably not for Man attacks).
Kjeld

Postby Vastor Peredhil » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:12 pm

or you just use DC mission cards for these ;)
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Postby darkyeoman » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:15 am

darkyeoman

Postby darkyeoman » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:32 am

darkyeoman

Postby darkyeoman » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:44 pm

I've recently posted a new scenario, , about Radagast's attempt to gain more information about the Nazgul and Sauron's plans from the animals of Mirkwood. This scenario plays somewhat differently from standard Middle-Earth games, because Radagast is (pretty much) your only character. I used a lot of cards from The White Hand, including Radagast-specific stage resources.
darkyeoman

Postby darkyeoman » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:45 pm

darkyeoman

Postby Kjeld » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:20 pm

To simplify the win conditions for the Coasts of Middle Earth, you could incorporate Rebuild the Town. All of the non-faction sites are Ruins and Lairs, so Rebuild the Town would simply replace the requirement to defeat the AA. To win, you have to have some combination of factions and Rebuild the Town cards in play that add up to 6. It would be easier because AAs don't have to be defeated, but harder because you'd (a) have to have a Rebuild the Town in hand when you go to a R&L, and (b) have to leave a character behind with Rebuild the Town to make sure it stays in play (and you'd be vulnerable to Slayers, etc.).

Also, with your latest Radagast scenario in mind, you could include the stage resource Realm of Narya from the Firstborn DC expansion to let Cirdan play Narya for this scenario.
Kjeld

Return to Solitaire Games