[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Council of Elrond • View topic - V. GCCG Nations Cup 2011 (Planning/Talk)

V. GCCG Nations Cup 2011 (Planning/Talk)

Moderator: Alter Tuk

Re: V. GCCG Nations Cup 2011 (Rules/Pairings/Results)

Postby Sauron » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:38 pm

Sauron

Re: V. GCCG Nations Cup 2011 (Planning/Talk)

Postby thorondor » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:25 pm

what do you protest against?
against playing without time limit? just dont participate if you dont like it.
against marcos having forgotten to clarify that there will be no time limit in this tourney? you knew BEFORE the tourney (even if it as not stated explicitly) that this is going to be the way. why not protest BEFORE?
thorondor
Vice-chair

Postby Sauron » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:19 pm

Sauron

Postby marcos » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:24 pm

marcos

Postby Sauron » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:45 pm

Sauron

Postby marcos » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:53 pm

my point is that you could have brought that up, before starting with round 1
marcos

Postby Sauron » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:02 pm

Sauron

Postby marcos » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:08 pm

yes i could but i didn't, my bad, won't happen again.
you could also have complained about stalling player, but you didn't

happy?
marcos

Postby Sauron » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:17 pm

Sauron

Postby marcos » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:30 pm

Damn frodo!!! I always hated hobbits :evil:
marcos

Postby thorondor » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:35 am

thorondor
Vice-chair

Postby Balin » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:36 am

By the way, we had a looooong discussion about time limit here:
We ran a poll about the subject, ending in a draw (10 people say yes, 10 say no), so we kept it as it was (no time limit, like former NatsCup).
I strongly recommended the time limit option, but others say a player could still play slowly on purpose, giving you less time to play in a time-limited game. Besides, it's not so easy to keep track of it if no judge is watching the game.

Anyway, I think this rule is far enough known here, even if Marcos forgot to post it. Also, it's too late to complain about it when we are running semi-finals, that's for sure. Next year, we could run another poll or something, or just forget about it and try to have some fun while playing... even in a 3 hours long game :wink:
__

Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria that still draws breath!
Balin

Postby Beornd » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:02 pm

Beornd

Postby Sauron » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:29 pm

Sauron

Postby Muad'Dib » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:47 pm

I follow this discussion from the beginning and want write something, hope my english is enough for it.

Brian, your way is the shortest way to make this game more dead. I understand you but you should also understand how many people still play this game. Every year each tournament has less number of participants. This game is hard, people need 2-3 years to learn all tricks,cards,rules etc. The only thing which keeps them still with this game is FUN. If you force them to play with time limit in all events, push them, i wont have soon opponents online. And not only you, also me, marcos, Bert, Manuel etc. Im not sure but i think Thomas (your last opponent) told me, he doesnt like to play and he just wants to help his team. So if you discourage him , its a chance we wont have Austria team next year, because guys from Austria, like me, wont find another 3rd player. So its means less countries next year. Do you really want it? Do you prefer do find people to play online, and sometimes be angry because they play slow etc or maybe want to play 1-2 events with stricly tournament rules and in 1,5-2 years we wont have any more official games because nobody wont participate in them. Yeah, its cool to play against all top spanish,finnish, german players but how many we have them? Are you sure its fantastic to play each event with the same max 10 guys? Becuase in your way we wont find new people and not very experienced will drop out. How many tournaments we can play in small company? My last game vs Wolfgang took 4h, shit happens, now i have a story and can joke with him about it. I like to play tournaments, like to win but also like to have fun.

Im trying to organize Worlds in Poland. Do you know what i heard from few people? They are afraid to play because of time limit (in Poland we have more time for rounds) and high level of our guests from abroad. Sorry but when i hear them and read your posts i think we lost something playing this game.
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.
Muad'Dib

PreviousNext

Return to Calendar of Events