[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Council of Elrond • View topic - A Universal Rules Document?

A Universal Rules Document?

Moderator: Thorsten the Traveller

Re: A Universal Rules Document?

Postby Bandobras Took » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:03 am

Integrated through "A" in the card-specific list in the CRF.
Remember, NetRep rulings are official. This does not necessarily mean they are correct.

You probably aren't playing Fallen Wizards .
Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Postby Bandobras Took » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:37 pm

Through "B" integrated.
Remember, NetRep rulings are official. This does not necessarily mean they are correct.

Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Postby Bandobras Took » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:21 pm

Through "D" integrated. Daughter screamed for half of it. :)

Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Postby Bandobras Took » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:37 pm

E, F, and G are now done. Egregious Gangways error commented upon. :)

Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Postby Bandobras Took » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:24 am

And done! Feel free to point out anything I've missed, but keep in mind that many things in digests are just rehashes of how the rules work, not clarifications of such. I'm also including the source for anybody that wants to pretty the thing up.
Attachments
Middle Earth Universal Rules Document 4.0.pdf
(541.04 KiB) Downloaded 380 times
METW URD source text.zip
(126.58 KiB) Downloaded 279 times

Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Postby Bandobras Took » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:32 am

And as a side note, here are a few ground rules the CoE should follow for projects to help the game:

1) Regular Updates

If things fizzle out, we lose credibility and people cease to care, which is the opposite of what we should be doing.

2) Commitment

If you word of honor isn't important to you, don't commit to a project in the first place. Notice I had a daughter during the time I was working on this thing; that should be sufficient to silence the "Real Life interfered" excuse. You either feel something is important, or you don't.

3) Don't Expect It To Be Fun

Playing the game should be fun. Supporting and maintaining it is not going to be fun. It means doing things even when you don't feel like it/don't want to. I worked my butt off on this thing, and that included some times when I would rather have relaxed after a hard day's work.

At any rate, now that I've delivered on what I said I would, I need a little breather. I rather think I've earned it, if I do say so myself. :)

Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Postby Thorsten the Traveller » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:23 pm

Thanks for the great effort Ben, and I agree in principle on the responsability and momentum remark, that's why I said to make each CoE member responsible for a certain project, and none should be dormant.
This however still remains to be done, and should be done by chairman/vice; simply appoint those who've offered themselves.

I do want to stress that this is still a hobby, not work. To be on top of things is great, but how regular is a regular update? And nobody demanded you finish this job in a month. You've been diligent, that's grand and much appreciated, but I'd ask you not to apply the same standards to everyone.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Thorsten the Traveller
Chairman

Postby thenamelessthing » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:56 pm

Hi, nice work! Can we consider this document the most up-to-date rulebook for the game? I want to give this to our new players here as reference... If any other document is better please let me know.
thenamelessthing

Postby Bandobras Took » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:21 pm

The link to the google doc in the thread on the Rules Forum is the most up-to-date; this should be easily downloaded in whatever format you need.

Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Previous

Return to CoE Rules & Errata