[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Council of Elrond • View topic - [Hero (Alatar) vs. Hero] Hunting in Rohan

[Hero (Alatar) vs. Hero] Hunting in Rohan

Share and discuss your deck ideas with the community

Moderators: domse, zirilan

[Hero (Alatar) vs. Hero] Hunting in Rohan

Postby Taurelin » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:35 pm

"My sky is darker than thine!"
SENTENCED - 1993
Taurelin

Re: [Hero (Alatar) vs. Hero] Hunting in Rohan

Postby Bandobras Took » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:31 pm

Forewarned is also useful in that the Glittering Caves is vulnerable to Nameless Things.

Secret News is pretty good at revealing creatures, and if you're planning on The Hunt, make sure to have an Old Thrush in the sideboard -- many people run Mouth of Sauron, and he's a perfect Creature to hunt with the potential 3 MP reward.

Another note about Border-Lands is that Wolves can tear you apart. Running a Doors-dependent hazard strategy might therefore help your opponent more than you. Man hazards are also out if you're spending time at Border-Holds and free holds. Consider running corruption/undead with a Secret Entrance to help you move to the Gem-Deeps at the appropriate time.

One final note -- a company with both Elves and Dwarves might run into trouble from the Unhappy Blows hazard (from the Against The Shadow set).
Remember, NetRep rulings are official. This does not necessarily mean they are correct.

You probably aren't playing Fallen Wizards .
Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Postby Ringbearer » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:53 pm

And as obvious, DONT go down while the Glittering CAves are tapped... else you will have a long way around :)
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Ringbearer

Postby Taurelin » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:07 pm

SENTENCED - 1993
Taurelin

Postby Bandobras Took » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:15 pm

Undead can by enhanced by Doors of Night -- but they don't have to be. Moon Is Dead and Chill Dousers are the utility undead boosters, and undead are creatures that go well with corruption.
Remember, NetRep rulings are official. This does not necessarily mean they are correct.

Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Postby zirilan » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:06 pm

zirilan

Postby Bandobras Took » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:17 pm

Since you'll be spending time at Borderholds, Tales of the Hunt can be a good sideboard card -- someone like Gamling can then tap to untap a more powerful character.

Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Postby Taurelin » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:54 pm

@Undead
After reading , I see what you mean. Looks like a fun - and also fitting - strategy, at least I don't see any conflict with my resource portion of the deck. Or is there? Maybe I'd drop the Ren + Balance combo for some additional Corpse Candles.

@Thorough Search
This goes more in the direction of a Dwarven-speed-deck (-> Radagast), doesn't it? Of course, it might also fit here, especially because I could drop Celeborn and go all Dwarves + Rohirrim, but somehow I'd miss all the point of Rebuild + Fireworks.

@The Great Hunt
I don't really like these cards (particularly Gift of Comprehension :P ), because they give CPs, no MPs and just a marginal effect, imho.
SENTENCED - 1993
Taurelin

Postby Alter Tuk » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:49 pm

If I knew your wife I´d suggest her to put some Call Of Homes and Foolish Words to her deck.

When I play Fireworks I prefer to start with a Sage high minder (like Elrond or Thranduil). In case the wizard arrives late they can do the job as well or maybe you can untap the site twice in one turn. And he/she will solve your general influence problem.

How and where do you play your extra characters? I suggest to add A Chance Meeting to deck. Rather play one more character than 3 hounds.
Alter Tuk

Postby Taurelin » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:55 pm

SENTENCED - 1993
Taurelin

Postby Alter Tuk » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:40 am

A high-minder solves GI problems because he has direct influence. And later in the game you have a wizard on table with 10 DI who can play further characters.

Foolish Words is a neat card against your deck when you draw the Arrow very late. At some point you have to play the faction, even if you couldnt play the Arrow before.

A chance meeting is a good card, because I thought this is a squatter deck. Which would mean the wizard stands at the Glittering Caves all game, so you cant bring characters in play elsewhere. Maybe I got that wrong.
Alter Tuk

Postby Taurelin » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:04 pm

SENTENCED - 1993
Taurelin

Postby Alter Tuk » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:59 pm

These were just some very quick thoughts. If you like to improve the deck play it online, your welcome!

My starting company in your deck would rather be: Elrond (or Thranduil/Glorfindel with Elf-Stone), Elrohir, Theoden, Eomer or a 3 character company using Eladan, too. Just a question of preference I suppose.
Alter Tuk

Postby Taurelin » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:02 pm

SENTENCED - 1993
Taurelin

Return to Decks