[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Council of Elrond • View topic - Sept 2006 Newsletter Contributions (prep and discussion)

Sept 2006 Newsletter Contributions (prep and discussion)

Moderator: Newsletter

Sept 2006 Newsletter Contributions (prep and discussion)

Postby zarathustra » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:57 pm

Here's some ideas I've had:

(1) What is cheeze? (could be a hobbitship thing)
(2) Review of the virtual cards.
(3) Meta-gaming: is one alignment always best? Is one always worst? Etc.
(4) Tour-Guide: pick an area of the map (3-6 regions) and tell what you can do there (as hero, or as minion, or as fw...)
(5) Trading: what's interesting out there in the world of exotic cards for traders? OR: what is there, other than cards themselves, meccg-related? (eventually we may want to keep a list of ALL the cool stuff out there, e.g., Mikko's stickers, my pins, CoL coins, german MP-counters, jigsaw puzzles, etc. etc. etc.)
(6) Your thoughts here!

Volunteers? :D
Last edited by zarathustra on Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.alfanos.org
zarathustra
Council Member

Postby zarathustra » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:10 pm

Some more:

The perceived difference between European- & American-style play;

Strategy for sealed deck.
zarathustra
Council Member

Postby thorondor » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:58 pm

it would be nice to have interviews with MECCG artists, such as liz danforth, who enjoyed MECCG company a lot (i remember EC at eindhoven).
thorondor
Vice-chair

Postby zarathustra » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:16 pm

Another thing:

JCP is going to certify Joe Bisz, Jonathan Yost, Brian Min, and Kuba Krchak this month. Maybe an article on the JCP?
zarathustra
Council Member

Postby thorondor » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:03 pm

what about some riddle talk? a sort of quiz or just a few questions. qmong the right answers a winner is chosen, who receives a small prize (signed or promo card, special stuff liek pins, ...)

that would stimulate the interaction between readers and the COE.
thorondor
Vice-chair

Postby zarathustra » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:38 pm

Sounds great! Has to be something you cannot look up too easily on the internet though....

Rules questions?
Card art questions?

For the first issue, I have a really cool idea, actually: name all cards that have a representation of Sauron in them! Winner gets a copy of The Lidless Eye (from me) and a pin made from the card Riddling Talk.

Answer (I think this is all):

Bane of the Ithil-Stone
Eye of Sauron
The Will of Sauron
Lure of Expedience (Minion)
The Roving Eye
The Lidless Eye
Binding Ring (Check out the shadow of the werewolf! Lissanne told me about that herself)
The Ithil-Stone
The Great Eye
Thrall-Ring (unsure...)
The Black Council
Sauron
Eye Never Sleeping
Last edited by zarathustra on Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
zarathustra
Council Member

Postby zarathustra » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:35 pm

OK, so I will write something for (1), in which I argue for a very narrow def'n of cheeze. I've asked Adrian ("Sly Southerner") to argue for a broad def'n, and I hope he'll accept. Then we'll have something that looks like an editorial pro & con thing.

Joe: can you write the review of the virtual cards?

Timo or Wolfgang: (5) where to get stuff? Also a chance to plug your store and GAB.

Volunteers?...
zarathustra
Council Member

Postby zarathustra » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:26 am

Letter to the editor from Stephen Dajic:

Now to the main part of this email, I have just read the CoE newsletter and
I was enthralled to read it! To have a newsletter like this to make a
stronger bond between the international MECCG community is great! The
articles and tips and rules that were explained were all a great help and
very entertaining! Please continue with this amazing newsletter and my hat
off to you and all those who helped with its creation!
zarathustra
Council Member

Postby Manuel » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:39 pm

Manuel
Council Member

Postby zarathustra » Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:44 am

Not sure I understand your idea... do you mean Stage Points? We usually use the term 'style points' to refer not to actual counted points (there is no such thing), but to thematic or cool or unexpected play.... Is that what you had in mind?
zarathustra
Council Member

Postby Manuel » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:18 am

Manuel
Council Member

Postby zarathustra » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:01 am

zarathustra
Council Member

Postby thorondor » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:51 pm

thorondor