732-play Khamual

Moderator: FATE Development

732-play Khamual

Postby dirhaval » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:43 am

This player has a tough task to play many resources with limitations on playing high-mind
characters. It was not until Turn 8 that three companies were made. A variety of resources are to
be played that require far movements to Lotan to The Shire. Acquiring prisoners is another flavor
that can slow the deck. But this player had success.

16 turns allowed having 29 MPs and nine tapped sites. However, a few sites need to be tapped
for the remainder of the game. The deck exhausted on Turn 11 with five cards in the discard pile
to start that turn. That first deck drew 8.2 cards per turn (average) and shuffled 12 cards. Now, 29
cards are in the discard pile.

Mid-mind characters Woedwyn and Kabadir were not played before Turn 10, which was
expected. Horseman of the Night was killed by Elrond’s Elves Upon Errantry on Turn 3.
Avatar was played on Turn 1 and began tapping frequently to access the sideboard. He had to be
careful moving with so many heroes nearby. He did CvCC. His Unleashed was played twice and
drawn 3x. Women nearby kept him at home most of the turns.

Crept Along Cleverly and Swift Strokes phenomenal to keep the characters untapped. Threats
were not used each time drawn during the first deck. Sorcery events too were pinnacle in dealing
with attacks. This allowed resources to be relatively quickly.

30 hazards were played on this player and 17 of them on the last four turns from the Gondor
Division. This allowed the small company sizes to get much done and stay unwounded.
40 or so hazards were played by this player and another 20 agent actions taken. Beorning Toll
and Men of the Woods say little use for the first deck.

Five agents were available. Anarin played on Turn 8. He attacked on Turn 13 at Nurniag Camp,
but canceled by I Know MAYou. He attacked Saruman at Mount Doom.
Nimlothed moved around and discarded on Turn 13 by Withdrawn to Mordor.
Raisha played on Turn 3. She moved to Gondor, but had no affect.
SS Fellow turned face-up to increase the hazard limit.

I was disappointed on the agent’s but two Sudden Fury cards and Pilfer are in the playdeck now.
Turn 1 had nothing to play. Turn 2 found roadblock from Chance of Being Lost. Turn 14 had
Khamual on a Black Horse Cvcc Celeborn, Taurnil and Gwaihir at Barad-dur. Taurnil and the
ally were killed. Minions went to Morkai to take a prisoner captive so to use for playing
Grimburgoth. That prisoner was King’s Advisor from a Necromancer’s Ransom.

Overall, this player was successful with MPs, but was lucky with few hazards against him. The
changes I made will help this player stay untapped for the site phase and have better mobility
over the Misty Mountains. Threats is a resource that will be removed if Beasts of the Wood will
be removed. I like the use of many sorcery cards and hiding under the canopy.
Attachments
732-Khamual_Detainment-07.pdf
Deck with 16 Turn notes with extra info
(323.64 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
dirhaval

Return to Showcase