[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Council of Elrond • View topic - 653-Azog

653-Azog

Moderator: FATE Development

653-Azog

Postby dirhaval » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:20 pm

The Age of the Orc is dawning. Azog will be its first Emperor. He is leading the orcs
from the Iron Mountains down into Wilderland for the taking of his first fiefdom.

Azog is one of the four Warlords - non-Ringwraith, non-Sauron Black Players.
He will use A Few Trusty Lads to secure DI bonuses for his leaders. Two Warlords
will be in his deck: Azog and Hurog. Bolg is a reserve Warlord but can be played
as Azog's follower due to the 15 DI Azog! That is right 15DI. Bolg will use Do As I Say to remove
his leader ability.

This player will play weapons and Orc factions for the first assault. He will also
CvCC with Radagast outside Anduin Vales except when Grond is in play. Azog
will lead factions into war late in the second deck or early Warlord deck.
Mount Gundabad will be the site for this player once Warlord is in play.
Azog's sites are very packed. He will rule from the mountains.
There are many table events for this player. A scary number, which means fast
card flow in the second deck for CvCC.

Azog will deal with Throkmaw's orcs and Thranduil's elves. Azog is allied with
the Ringwraiths, but Azog might influence some resources with his 15DI.
Some dragons might aid this Warlord. They are Fearsome Allies.

[How can a player enter a hidden site if there is no requirements listed?
I am unable to find such requirements on hidden site that I cannot recall the name now.]

The hazard deck has not been revised.
Attachments
653-Azog_OrcsPrisoner-2.pdf
Revision after 16 turns of practice game
(217.15 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
dirhaval

Re: 653-Azog

Postby Vastor Peredhil » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:50 pm

Compass anyone?
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Postby dirhaval » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:22 pm

Oh yes that item. You may have noticed avoidance of mine towards of some dream cards
such as spells used by non-wizards, pipe, pipeweed and such. They don't have much
for me at the moment. With such a large canvass for me to playtest the dreamcards
I will eventually get around to use them. One reason I have yet to think about Compass
is that I feel the cards in its expansion are too precise for Fate. Not all the cards though.

Are there any minion resource Lost Knowledge events?
dirhaval

Postby dirhaval » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:49 pm

That site that does not have a requirement for moving to it that is also normally hidden: that dwarf-hold under Mordor
is hidden but has no requirements. The reason makes sense. I was unaware of it until this game :)
dirhaval

Postby dirhaval » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:49 pm

Haha. The reason I am behind on some card texts is that I am viewing the cards from those downloaded months ago off SVG, not viewing
those used for GCCG. The GCCG version of Mines of Angurath does have hidden site requirements. I feel stupid.
dirhaval

Postby Thorsten the Traveller » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:27 pm

Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Thorsten the Traveller
Chairman

Postby dirhaval » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:16 am

I added a turn analysis for this player...glimpses on the ability to move and play all resources
in the first 24 turns.
Hurog will have a few CvCC in the second deck due to playing Honey and Smoke on the Wind
in Anduin Vales.
dirhaval

Postby dirhaval » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:18 pm

Here are the changes to the deck. The revised deck file is now in the first thread.
I feel the deck will be even better by focusing the sites closer to Gundabad and synchronizing
the creatures more with the hazards including those with more playability.
This might be one of the top 4 decks of the 40 players.

For the resources Dwarf-chopper was switched for Broad-headed Spear. The axe is given to Throkmaw the Vain.
Twice-Baked Cakes were added when Burning Rick, Cot and Tree replaced Smoke on the Wind.
Troll ally was replaced by Great Goblin orc ally. The Mouth will use the troll ally.

Faction Orcs of Angmar given to Witchking for using Grond. Saw-tooth Blade and Sharpen Up replaced by Trophy Belt and a bird ally.
Precious Burden was replaced with Get Your Gone. The Diplomats have a chance to discard the Dragon hazards that can decimate this player. Fearsome Ally removed for The Ashdurbuk. That event can be a game point along with Precious Burden. Another copy of Unquenchable Flames takes the place of Under His Fist. The drum can fetch command events.

Hazards had major changes. Two or Three Tribes Present was useless for the practice game. With the introduction of wolf creatures
and the Mouth already have that event I decided to remove ToTTP. Soldiers of the Dark Lord and Host of Bats will be played
during the Power Decks. Orc-Tortured saturated the prisoner scheme. Maybe it will be played during the Power Decks.
Orc Archers were given to the Mouth. Power Built By Waiting replaces ToTTP. Call of Home replaces SoDL.
More copies of the other two prisoner events replaces Orc-Tortured. Thrice Told Tales replaces Reaching Shadow
and two Dark Designs of Mordor since most of the creatures are playable in Anduin Vales and Wilderness.
Orc-Battalion removed to be used in the Power Decks. Orc-Lieutenant already is in Mouth’s Deck. These two are placed by War-Wolves and Wolf-Riders.
Sites to tap now exclude Beorn’s House, Buhr Widu, and two Grey Mountain Lairs.

Character changes are more aligned with a surface player. Gabmog was replaced by Captain.
Hill Troll replaced by another Veteran. Both Maggots replaced one Brawler. Shaman replaces Forest Troll. Mauhur replaces Crooked. A loss of a Ranger added a Sage.
dirhaval

Return to Showcase