[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Council of Elrond • View topic - What kind of other rule changes do you think we need?

What kind of other rule changes do you think we need?

Moderators: Vastor Peredhil, Thorsten the Traveller, Vastor's Dreamers

Postby Shapeshifter » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:08 pm

Shapeshifter
Council Member

Postby Vastor Peredhil » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:27 pm

Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Postby Vastor Peredhil » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:35 am

Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Postby Thorsten the Traveller » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:35 am

Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Thorsten the Traveller
Chairman

Postby Vastor Peredhil » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:50 am

Attachments
rulesadd-on 1.1.xls
(144.5 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Postby Ringbearer » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:10 am

"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Ringbearer

Postby Thorsten the Traveller » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:01 am

Thorsten the Traveller
Chairman

Postby Vastor Peredhil » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:15 am

Attachments
rulesadd-on 1.2.xls
(146.5 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Postby Thorsten the Traveller » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:51 pm

I was thinking -and you have probably thought of this before but I'd like to hear it then-, why not officially up the minimum requirement of cards in deck to 35 cards? (12 dreamcard minimum)

plus:
-less cheezy games and more interesting or unexpected moments
-more absolute number of dreamcards in play
-more improvisation
-more possibility's for hazard strategies, less importance of grab bag
-maybe Nico can win a tourney with his own cards for once, since he's the only one with experience playing 40/40 decks since the beginning of meccg. :wink:

negative:
-far reaching change from what people are used to in meccg, might be scary and obstruction for some.
-games take longer (well, we never play 4 rounds anyway)
-later draw of avatar means serious obstruction in Lord games: allow 4 avatar copies? 4/70 is actually better than 3/60.

I admit I usually design a 33 -35 deck for casual games, rarely 37, never more, because it becomes quite unmanagable in terms of a normal meccg game, but in essence it's a mental issue, we are used to playing a very designed and strategic game, making a deck bigger just means you rely a more on improvisation. And playing a few Arda games recently, I realised (again) how nice that concept of improvisation can be, it's not like a crap sealed, but not like a fully 'oiled' game either.
Thorsten the Traveller
Chairman

Postby Bandobras Took » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:41 pm

Do generic home sites count for the starting site rule? i.e. if my entire company has a home site of any Dark-Hold, may I start at any dark-hold?
Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Postby Vastor Peredhil » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:50 am

Hi,

b_took; actually he have been thinking about it before, so after a little discussion,

this start site rule will only be in effect for non-minion aligment

mfg Nicolai
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Postby Vastor Peredhil » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:54 pm

After giving it some more thought I believe the starting company rules will be changed as follows:

starting company:
● Up to three minor items may be included in the starting company if you start with at least three characters

● Your company can start at any site, when each character in the company has this site as its home site, [b]but only if you start more unique than non-unique characters.[/b]

this way some interesting decks, should be possible, without giving away to new cheeze decks

mfg Nicolai
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Postby Leon » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:10 pm

The homesite rule would get me thinking about minions starting at dunnish clanhold, Galadriel and Celeborn at Lorien, dwarves in the blue mountains or dunedain at minas tirith. I do not think there are many more sites where a whole group come from. It sounds interesting though.
Leon

Postby Vastor Peredhil » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:30 pm

Hi all,

well as there rule was before without the bold-underlined part, a lot of nasty things could have happened.

lets give some example of the stuff not only b_took but me also had in mind:

The minion approch:

Start 5-6 non-unique orcs/trolls at any under-deeps darkhold (lets say The Under-galleries, play some items (remember DC has several more items playable there then just Aiglos & Dragon-helm)

the hero approch:

Start 5 non-unique dwarves and Bar-en-ibun ( a gold ring site in Cardolan) and through-out-search the thing for rings till you drop, then play the Petty-dwarves faction at the site and be good

I believe these could have been the most exploited, but I am sure some crazy minds will come up with even better ones for Fallen-aligments

what we still have is the nice, start at Lorien with Elves (or Edoras with Men) or start at Carn-dum for minions, but these company are a pit more limited then regular starting companies.

Another good one will be starting minions/Fallens at Dunnish Clan-holds (as 5 resp 6 (Peath) have this site as a home site

@Leon, you need to think more out of the box to keep up the B_took and me

mfg Nicolai
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Postby Bandobras Took » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:29 pm

The trip from the White Towers to Isengard has uniformly been the most dangerous, nervous, nail-biting event of many of my Fallen Saruman decks. Not having to start at Arthedain/Rhudaur when you're working around Isengard is a major boon (Leon: don't forget the influence-efficient Rohan group). I like the unique character limitation idea.
Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

PreviousNext

Return to Development Zone