[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Council of Elrond • View topic - First Age: The War of Wrath

First Age: The War of Wrath

Moderators: Vastor Peredhil, Thorsten the Traveller, Vastor's Dreamers

First Age: The War of Wrath

Postby Padster » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:32 pm

I started thinking about building up a set of First Age cards many, many years ago now. But without the facility to easily print them, it never seemed that it would ever be realised. I did post on http://www.meccg.net about this back in 2011 (one of the times I got interested in trying to complete it, but failed):

http://www.meccg.net/dforum/viewtopic.p ... 4f099e44fc

In an effort to get feedback on the character stats. But I have changed things since then, mostly down powering the really tough dudes. Fingolfin, for example, back in 2011, I had down as 12/10 (Prowess / Body), but having run through the stats again over Christmas, I downgraded him to 10/10.

What spurred me most recently to resurrect my First Age thoughts was that I have now found a very, VERY easy way to print MECCG (or any CCG) cards now, so I have started looking at building these cards again. You can see six characters attached, three avatars (the three original Eldar kings), and Finwe's three sons. The specific text on the cards may not be what it ends up being, but I don't think it is too far from what it might be.

Feedback would be welcome, as well as the start of a conversation about how I might develop this further.

Cheers

Padster
Attachments
6 Characters.jpg
6 Characters.jpg (1.72 MiB) Viewed 2084 times
Padster

Re: First Age: The War of Wrath

Postby Vastor Peredhil » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:00 pm

Hi Padster,

awwesome looking cards, still I like to pool efforts maybe you should get a GCCG account to be able to view, what Logain (and a little me) did for 1st age so far, there is a whole set and maps etc.

yours Nicolai
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Postby Padster » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:01 pm

Awesome! Had no idea. Will try to do GCCG. Not sure how but will look it up.
Padster

Postby Padster » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:23 pm

Got GCCG and am having a few issues running.

When running, it asks for an account, so one must have to create an actual account. Where do I do this?

Also I loaded all the cards, but could not see any First Age ones. Is that a file that isn't with the basic GCCG download?

Cheers

Padster
Padster

Postby Padster » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:07 am

Padster

Postby Darksatin » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:22 am

Darksatin

Postby Shapeshifter » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:29 am

To see those new cards you would need to install the svn-client. If you havn't done that, have a look at this topic:

Shapeshifter
Council Member

Postby Vastor Peredhil » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:40 am

Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Postby Padster » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:22 pm

Coolio.

Done all that, but can't see any First Age cards. Must have done something wrong, but don't know it well enough to understand what.

Anyone?

Cheers

Padster
Padster

Postby Thorsten the Traveller » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:02 am

Those cards look good Padster!
but the MSE tool could probably improve them more. And if you want some help setting up cards in the 'propper' meccg way (e.g. your order of skills on the cards deviates from standard cards), just pm us.

If you've installed svn and accessed our server, Ernst's First Age cards are in the folder metw/development/mecg. They are not yet exported to gccg itself, thus not visitble there, but you can view them using MSE. I do agree mecg is a bit confusing name, but such is the one he chose ;-)
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Thorsten the Traveller
Chairman

Postby Padster » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:41 am

Just can't get it to work properly.

Any advice? I realise that is this is a pretty open question given you don't know the specific issues.

Would appreciate help. Maybe if someone has the time we could do a screen share?

Yours, in desperate need of help.

Padster
Padster

Postby Thorsten the Traveller » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:16 pm

what exactly is it that you can't get to work? mse or gccg or the svn connection?

if you get gccg to work at least, Nicolai or me will usually be around to give some further tips.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Thorsten the Traveller
Chairman

Postby Vastor Peredhil » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:04 pm

Eric is right in you being cryptic in what is not working out,

but I am decent help on installing it, just skype me under Nicolai Willinek or send me a PM with your info I could even give you a call, np should be able to have it worked out in mins normally

yours Nicolai
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Postby Logain » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:54 pm

Hello Padtser

If you can't get through meccg, send me a mp with your email and i will send you the mse file & rules doc.

I don't know if our work is compatible. I'd be happy to work with you, we have 2 axis.
- First is just a common work on characters, items, sites, map. Identify the first age setting specifics together.
- Then we could work together on the game. But i have some specifities, linked to the decisions i took.
1/ To avoid issues with playing only with 10/10 characters, the setting is Beleriand around First Age 460, a few years after the defeat of the Elves and their Edain allies in the Dagor Bragollach. The Noldor have lost control over the north of Beleriand. They are for the most part reduced to holding on defensively in Hithlum, Himring and Nargothrond. Gondolin is still hidden and Doriath still protected. The most powerful Noldos are dead.
2/ I'm using starting mission cards, and lowered MPs values (items are halved, characters do not earn MPs...). Game is more to succeed missions than to grab Mps.
It is the time for the Wars of Jewels and the War of Wrath. It is the time for Beren and Luthien to find Thingol’s bride-price, for the Noldos to build an alliance capable of taking the war to Thangorodrim and win Nírnaeth Arnoediad, for the Sons of Fëanor to retake the Silmarils... but also for the forces of Morgoth to destroy the elven kindoms of Menegroth, Gondolin and Nargothrond.
3/ I'm using different rules, which are based on the playtest material ICE had for the never published second edition.
Logain

Return to Development Zone