Dear Vastor (and Eric)...next set to be printed

Moderators: Vastor Peredhil, Thorsten the Traveller, Vastor's Dreamers

Dear Vastor (and Eric)...next set to be printed

Postby rezwits » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:16 am

I know I know, I am greedy.
But I have at least another good 25 years left of life to live. :D
I would so love to see another expansion after First Folk. :(
Is there any chance of Sun Lands getting printed? or ...
Anything?
Any who, I would definitely enjoy any new expansion you guys deem fit to print.
I AM IN. As I am sure others would be too.
I don't know how sales went of First Folk, if you guys came out ahead or lost.

But let me (us) know...

Thanks again, anytime
(been away for a while doing caregiving for my father who beat cancer finally!)

See you guys!
rezwits

Re: Dear Vastor (and Eric)...next set to be printed

Postby Vastor Peredhil » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:41 am

Hi rezwits,

don't we love to get fan mail ;)

if you would read all the topics carefully, you should be aware of the DCCD league kicking off last week (dream card challenge deck), which we need to thoroughly test our next set which will be the Necromancer set (so mainly minion) to bring that alignment up to par with the other alignments

well GCCG is the only tool we can use to thoroughly test, so be there or be square ;)

the regional sets will be released later, after MENE we will hopefully have a good chance to jump into ME Great Wyrms set

yours Nicolai & Eric
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Postby rezwits » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:18 pm

Awesome,

Yeah, I read about the Necromancer set I just thought that was only for virtual play at this time, wow, jumping right in to print...

Cool I'll try to get GCCG reload on my new Mac... it's a labor when you got things going on, I'll get there...I just loaded macOS Sierra so we'll see

Thanks
rezwits

Postby Thorsten the Traveller » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:54 am

We've been working towards completion of The Necromancer set, which should be awesome, restore balance between the alignments, and make active Ringwraiths both cool, playable, and balanced.
We've fixed the set in terms of card number and names.
I've been working on and off on the Necromancer player guide since last year.

So, if and when there will be a print, that depends on several things.
1. Enough people joined the First Folk, but will they join again? The first expansion after 15 years was a curiosity for many players, but what did they think about the result? Sadly we get precious little feedback.
2. Can we play test the cards enough? Sadly we get precious little help in this department either.
3. Where should we print this time? I myself was not satisfied with the FF result and the printing company.
3. Can we conclude the task with ever more busy lives, even emailing 250 artists asking for their permission is a daunting task.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Thorsten the Traveller
Chairman

Postby sandboxx2 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:38 pm

I can only speak for myself and my wife, but we were exceptionally impressed with DCFF, and would gladly assist in the efforts to get another set to the printers.

I think if you sent out an email asking all DCFF purchasers to help to get Necromancer out, you'd get plenty of responses.

Send me a PM if you've got a good job for me! :)
sandboxx2

Postby Thorsten the Traveller » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:44 pm

Thanks Sean, glad to hear it, and might take you up on that offer ;-),
most important is keeping the game alive of course, so keep on playing and joining up with people!
and if you got tips/comments (even 2nd hand), don't hesitate. As said, most important is to make of Necromancer a cool and playable set, on par with First Folk.
Thorsten the Traveller
Chairman

Postby Muzgash2 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:52 pm

Hey guys. First off, I just wanted to point out that this subforum isn't visible when I'm logged in. Second, I know that my friend and I were both ecstatic about our FF sets. The sets honestly blew us away on every level, and we would jump at the chance to pick up any new ones. Unfortunately, between work and a part time masters program, I don't really have time to help with playtesting, but if you guys need help with editing or anything else I'd be happy to help.

Cheers,
Muzgash
Muzgash2

Postby Thorsten the Traveller » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:07 am

hi Muzgash, thanks for your comments!

do you mean, it's not visible when you're NOT logged in? I can view the subforum as a guest (I only log in to reply usually), but if it's not visible when logged in, that makes even less sense to me, I don't know of such a setting in the admin board.

If not play-testing, what would you like to see in a Necromancer set, what is really missing for the minions? And/or what DC rules would make the game even better/more enjoyable in your opinion?
Thorsten the Traveller
Chairman

Postby Muzgash2 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:18 pm

I mean that if I'm logged in, the development subforum does not appear at all. However, If I'm not logged in (aka a guest) then I can see it and comment as a guest. This is the same behavior that I think you're describing, and I agree, it is very strange.

Certainly new mechanics that enabled active Ringwraith strategies would be at the top of my list, and it looks like you guys are addressing that. Are the new rules/mechanics available in a file through the GCCG connection? If so, I'll check them out this weekend and try to give feedback. I'll also try to think of other items to add to my wishlist.
Muzgash2

Postby Thorsten the Traveller » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:45 pm

weird indeed, I do see the subforum also when logged in. As you can post here, you are on the dreamers list, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Well we're not really planning any new rules for ME:NE, as we set the DC rules quite firmly in First Folk, and we sense people have more than enough to handle, ruleswise. I do have a list with some clarifications and minor issues in the making, things that have arisen in these past 3 years, mostly in the standard game however.

To make active Ringwraiths better, so far we use cards:
- Nursed with Fell Meats makes playing Ringwraith allies easy.
- The Ulairi Arose makes playing Ringwraith followers and Riding out Together easy.
- Creating Their Domain lets your Ringwraith move with region movement to sites in his home site's region.
- Ring-drawn allows grabbing mode cards and moving towards opponent's ringbearers.
- Horror Spreads before Them allows Ringwraith followers to use their Unleashed card, so you can use Dwar Unleashed with Dwar as a follower.
- Hionvor of Womawas Drus is Khamûl's Warlord card and allows his company to move with region movement to ring sites.

Most of these cards are startable events. Furthermore,
Precious Burden allows you to search your play deck for a Ringwraith character, so like Wizard's, a Ringwraith arrives precisely when he means to.
Winged Terror is a non-unique though toned down Creature of an Older World kind of ally allowing Fell Rider movement.

Check these cards out on gccg! Many options to move around, in fact the one worry we got is that it's become a bit much.
Thorsten the Traveller
Chairman

Return to Development Zone