[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Council of Elrond • View topic - Development of Fallen Wizard Conversion Rules

Development of Fallen Wizard Conversion Rules

Moderators: Vastor Peredhil, Thorsten the Traveller, Vastor's Dreamers

Development of Fallen Wizard Conversion Rules

Postby rezwits » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:49 pm

Hi all!

I am dipping my feet into these forums for the Dream Card format.

I think it's really awesome, but just a ton of work. I guess I am willing at this point.

But I can't do this unless I am able to play "Standard Rules" decks.

I feel in the future there needs to be a place for moderation of Fallen Wizard Conversion.

The first issue that I have is that in the latest Council of Elrond Standard Rules (2007), in the White Hand
section for Fallen Wizard Conversion, it is stated that you may include up to 2 copies of your fallen wizard avatar.

This rule is paramount and sorely needed, because of first and foremost, SACRIFICE of FORM.

In order for a Fallen Wizard to have any kind of chance it has to be able to:

Play Sacrifice of Form, and then replay his other copy of the Fallen Wizard Avatar, that has been brought into the deck via SB/Discard/Deck manipulation.

Without having 2 copies of your Fallen Wizard Avatar (1 in play and 1 in deck), after Fallen Wizard Conversion, this makes playing Sacrifice of Form almost completely unplayable, and that's crap! (you would have to cycle thru your whole deck once if not more just to see that same copy come back around)

So, I don't see a world where this is even fun...

Like I said it's in the last Standard Set of Rules copy from CoE from 2007 for White Hand

Let me know what you think Thanks

Laters...

p.s. don't get me started in a discussion about how you believe Fallen Wizards shouldn't be able to use Sacrifice of Form because blah blah blah
rezwits

Re: Development of Fallen Wizard Conversion Rules

Postby rezwits » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:54 pm

I don't see why you shouldn't be able to use DC FW count = (DC Normal Avatars Count - 1), just because they should transcend - 1 old version of yourself, the old non-fallen version.

I'll leave this for future discussions.

But you gotta at LEAST be able to use 2.
rezwits

Postby Thorsten the Traveller » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:03 pm

Can you quote which CoE rule your refer to? I do not really understand the issue.

A wizard can convert to FW after failing a cc, not after playing Sacrifice of Form. Not to my knowledge anyway.
This would thematically make no sense, as Gandalf returned to Middle-earth even more determined to carry through his mission. This is also why Fallen-wizards may not play Sacrifice of Form, the Valar would not allow a FW to be sent back.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Thorsten the Traveller
Chairman

Postby rezwits » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:27 pm

rezwits

Postby Thorsten the Traveller » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:11 pm

So if I understand it correctly, your problem is with having only 1 copy of your avatar to draw after converting from Wizard to FW and subsequently playing Sacrifice of Form?

Well that's a rather specific case, I'd say, though the issue in extends to the rule allowing you to discard copies of your avatar to untap him.

Either way, converting to FW is a way to save yourself from doom, not a strategy to win (though some like it for playing trickses).
Imo, if you convert, just don't play Sacrifice -as I said it shouldn't be allowed anyway-, or if you crave it, play The Windlord Found Me (before converting) and store it (after converting) to get your FW back.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Thorsten the Traveller
Chairman

Return to Development Zone