[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Council of Elrond • View topic - Spawn of Morlat

Spawn of Morlat

Moderators: Vastor Peredhil, Thorsten the Traveller, Vastor's Dreamers

Spawn of Morlat

Postby majagua_the_necromancer » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:35 pm

probably this is not the place to submit this but didn't know where else. I just thought it would be cool to have a spider of morlat ally. Here goes my version which I know some of you will probably not like hehe.

Spawn of Morlat

2 MP. 4 mind 7/10. Warrior ally
Unique.Spawn. Manifestation of Spider of the Morlat. Playable at the Sulfur Deeps or at Dol Guldur if the Necromancer is in play.
You may tap this ally to cancel a spider attack vs a company at or moving to a site at Southern Mirkwood or The Sulfur deeps
or to search your discard pile for a card playable at her current site. Discard this card if company moves to a site outside
Southern MIrkwood or any adjacent site that is not the surface site there of for the Sulfur deeps. During your organization phase
opponent makes a roll and subtracts 3. if result is greater than the mind of this ally's controlling character, the character is eliminated.

probably this card needs editing. I thought it would be appropiate for it to have region limitations so that balrog players would not have more easy points for their decks. Also, I think in the role palying books they mention that at the pit of Dol Guldur she laid, so I thought she shouldn't move farther than the Sulfur deeps or Southern Mirkwood. She can only cancel spider attacks in her playable sites and the tapping to look for a card at her current site maybe overpowered, who knows. I also added restriction to whom could control her as to avoid just any character being able to control her, and at least a 9 mind character is needed to be safe.
majagua_the_necromancer

Re: Spawn of Morlat

Postby Vastor Peredhil » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:12 pm

Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Postby Thorsten the Traveller » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:49 pm

Well, even Morgoth couldn't control Ungoliant, personally I find Shelob being an ally also far fetched, she ate plenty of Orcs over the years and did as she pleased.

Nevertheless, an ally in Sulfurdeeps could be ok and cool, but let's face it, we dont want more minion squatters or Aiglos cheeze, so no resource fetching please. Rather connect her with stirring spiders in Mirkwood then or other spawn hazards.
Playing allies at havens is also not preferrable.

dc interplay. It would be another one for Unhappy World. Also Fear from the Deeps might fetch him easily at Dol Guldur. And the more spawn in the game, the more powerfull Disire All for Thy Belly becomes etc.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Thorsten the Traveller
Chairman

Postby majagua_the_necromancer » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:51 pm

yes its true, seeking card ability might be to powerful, even though she can't get aiglos or helm cause it would type the site, still, teh fact that she can get 1 mp items is still to handy. Im just to greedy :0. I don't know if there are more spawn cards than what's arelady in BA, if not, I don't think it woudl be that bad, but you guys are probably right, better not consider her a spawn. The Dol GUldur playability is only for the necromnacer, although it might be better to chance it to only If Khamul is ur RW then she can be playeed at Dol Guldur as this RW sucks anyways mikght as well give him something work playing him for. I wanted to give her more movement, but I thouight that would be cheesy and too powerful to allow her to move.
majagua_the_necromancer

Postby majagua_the_necromancer » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:51 pm

Widow of Morlat

2 MP. 4 mind 7/10. Warrior ally
Unique. Manifestation of Spider of the Morlat. Playable at the Sulfur Deeps if the Necromancer is in play.
You may tap this ally to cancel a spider or animal attack vs a company at or moving to a site at Southern Mirkwood or at The Sulfur deeps. Discard this card if company moves to a site outside
Southern MIrkwood or any adjacent site that is not the surface site there of for the Sulfur deeps. During your organization phase opponent makes a roll and subtracts 3. if result is greater than the mind of this ally's controlling character, the character is eliminated and discard all cards he control. Return her to your hand when Spider of the Morlat is played.

Ok, a little modification...first to say...she is only playable by the Necromancer and only at Sulfur Deeps, removed Dol Guldur...if you guys want to avoid cheese, then just make a rule that heros/minions can't play items, etc from opposite alignments. Having another spider ally can't be cheese as there have always been spiders from the first age. I eliminated the searching card ability that was to powerful even just for looking one point items and cheesy. She has no sage skill just warrior-more cheese if there were another ally tapping for vom. She can only move to a couple of sites and there is still the risk of loosing high mind character so player will still have to sacrifice a lot of DI to control her...best bet use Grimburgoth or a large troll. I added also that if player is eliminated than discards all cards under him and to keep it more reasonable, she still comes to the hand when morlat is played. Also removed spawn to eliminate "desire all for thy belly" being more powerful than it is?...
majagua_the_necromancer

Postby majagua_the_necromancer » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:58 pm

majagua_the_necromancer

Postby majagua_the_necromancer » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:43 pm

Foul Guardian of the Deeps
1(*4) MP. 4 mind 7/10. Warrior ally
Unique. Manifestation of Spider of the Morlat. Playable at the Sulfur Deeps if you have the Necromancer in play. You may tap this ally to cancel a spider attack vs her company. Ally may only move to adjacent under-deeps sites there of to the sulfur deeps. Seize prisoners may be placed on her and is considered stored. The first seized prisoners stored this way gives 2 extra miscellaneous MP. Other seized prisoners stored with her give 1 extra MP. During each organization phase, opponent makes a roll. IF result is greater than the character's mind plus 2 discard ally and character is eliminated. Every card stored on her increases the roll to +1.

Ok last edit for this card until I get some feedback from people here. Nicolai explained (cause he just wants to tick me off) the purpose of DC and "theme decks and missions" bla bla bla. So I modified ally AGAIN in order to have a theme with her. I think its not cheese and it would take some time to pull. Let me know what you guys think.

Cheers.
majagua_the_necromancer

Postby Vastor Peredhil » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:04 pm

Well as we did a discussion it turned out her guardian abilities + prisoner theme might be cool

maybe even allow all prisoners to be stored with here for extra points
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Postby Thorsten the Traveller » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:11 pm

I would not make it Necromancer only, that would be a pity.
Looking at your last version, I see no site where she could play Seize Prisoners.
How bout increasing her range of movement with a build in Iron Road ability? that way you could leave out the storing part.
so the more prisoners you take, the more dangerous she becomes? well that could be thematic, but it doesn't invite people to use her for attacking.

Unique. Manifestation of Spider of the Morlat. Playable at the Sulfur-deeps.
May tap to cancel a Spider attack against her company or against one of your companies moving through Mirkwood.
May tap for Seize Prisoners or to take a character Prisoner or steal an item.
If you discard Desire All for Thy Belly during the organization phase, her company may move with region movement: she must return to the nearest Darkhaven during the end-of-turn phase. Discard Spawn of Morlat if her company moves to a site that is not in Southern Mirkwood and you have not discarded Desire All for Thy Belly during the organization phase.
During each organization phase, opponent makes a roll (modified by -1 for every stored Prisoner or Seize Prisoners you have in play): if the result is greater than the controlling character's mind plus 2 (10 for avatar), discard this card and the character is eliminated.

note that this is very versatile. If you manage to get your RW to play her, he can also use regionmovement and return home next turn :wink:
you can also roam the under-deeps if you like, I see no problem with that, chances of getting to an opponent there are rather slim.
Thorsten the Traveller
Chairman

Postby marcos » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:20 pm

marcos

Postby majagua_the_necromancer » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:27 pm

That's good feedback Thorsten. Yes, she can't play seize prisoners herself, so the purpose is for another company to go and "feed her". Maybe my wording was incorrect, its actually the more seize the easier to control (she is being fed and doesn't have to eat his controller ;) ).
majagua_the_necromancer

Postby Thorsten the Traveller » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:07 pm

@Marcos. Well, Underdeeps sites are not in anything, so I'd have thought the discard clause doesn't apply to underdeeps sites. Anyway, it's easily solved of course: when moving to a non-underdeeps sites not in SM...

@Majagua. right, that's what I figured also :wink:
Thorsten the Traveller
Chairman

Return to Development Zone