[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Council of Elrond • View topic - Entmoot

Entmoot

Moderators: Vastor Peredhil, Thorsten the Traveller, Vastor's Dreamers

Entmoot

Postby Fangorn » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:43 pm

Hrum, Hoom ! Do not be hasty, that is my motto.
Fangorn

Re: Entmoot

Postby Thorsten the Traveller » Sun May 02, 2010 2:59 pm

Hmmmm, well Ent-moot is not only an event, it is also a location, it did not just happen at Treebeard's house.

From a thematic point of view you are right, the Entmoot happened very rarely, and I guess there wouldn't be happening 2 at the same time. However, if it's unique, you deny your opponent the use of it also, and you could keep it in play all game long, and I wouldn't like that, as you can then kinda monopolize the play of more Ent-allies and your opponent couldn't get to you to influence them away.

So I'd rather stick with non-unique, as I don't really see a problem with that either. But I'll add "cannot be duplicated by a given player". As it is discarded it now goes from play, but I'll have it placed in MP pile instead, so you can still only use 1 entmoot then...ok?

about the resources, I guess you're right, I guess I used this more specific formulation in the event something weird should be playable, but frankly I can't imagine what that should be, right now, general free-hold stuff is already playable there anyway.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Thorsten the Traveller
Chairman

Postby Fangorn » Mon May 03, 2010 9:23 pm

Indeed, Entmoot didn't occur at Wellinghall, but rather at a hollow named Derndingle.

When I meant unique for Entmoot, I didn't thought about opponent.
You're right, surely both players may use Entmoot at the same time !
If we consider the card is the location, I'm OK with your proposal but I think card should then be renamed Derndingle.
In this case, we may consider too the card as a hidden site (hero only), although keyword ritual would be lost.
Otherwise, if we consider the card is the meeting, Entmoot is the right name of the card and we could thus add some keyword like "may only be included once in deck".

I asked the wording of the resource part because during a game I wondered if I could play Ent-draught at Entmoot.
Fangorn

Postby Thorsten the Traveller » Tue May 04, 2010 1:59 pm

I have already made some changes, take a look.

Why can't it be both place and event? That's why I made it a site-resource after all. Similarly Amon Anwar, which at first was a site, but really it appears only in tolkien's work in so far as the Oath of Ceorl was pledged (and renewed) there, and we can't make unlimited numbers of sites, so site-resource. Moreover, a hero only site is not a good idea I think.

Derndingle is funny, but like Willow Dingle, I think it appeals less to the general player, as Ent-moot is not only more familiar but also more evocative.

Well there's an up side and a down side, now you can play Ent-draughts, but you can't play the female Ents anymore, which actually was allowed at first, but I guess that's a good thing, the female Ents wouldn't come to an Ent-moot anyway no matter how hard Treebeard yells :wink:
Thorsten the Traveller
Chairman

Postby Fangorn » Tue May 04, 2010 9:35 pm

I'm now convinced card may stand for both place and event !
And indeed Entmoot is familiar and evocative.
When reading the new version of the card, I wondered if "Place this card in your [-me_mp-] pile instead of discarding it from play" is the same as "Remove this card instead of discarding it from play", since it gives no MP.

It's indeed a good thing that Entwives are not playable there, it would have been not thematic and too easy.
Fangorn

Postby Thorsten the Traveller » Tue May 04, 2010 10:08 pm

Well it's not the same of course, as in the [-me_mp-] means it stays in play, and since it can't be duplicated by a given player you can only visit it once :wink:
AFAIK there is no rule that says only cards worth [-me_mp-] may be placed in [-me_mp-] ...
Thorsten the Traveller
Chairman

Return to Development Zone