[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Council of Elrond • View topic - COE Agenda 2010/11 - National Councils

COE Agenda 2010/11 - National Councils

COE Agenda 2010/11 - National Councils

Postby Shapeshifter » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:44 pm

Shapeshifter
Council Member

Re: COE Agenda 2010/11 - National Councils

Postby marcos » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:17 pm

regarding ARG contact information, it's just me and Ariel

regarding spanish page:
http://www.meccg.es/foro
marcos

Postby Thorsten the Traveller » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Great work.
Regarding Dutch Council, Michiel Steegh has left the building long time ago.

What we need is a section at this board for each Council. Cause I would love to run the Dutch website, but a) I'm no webmaster and b) taking over other people's work is often problematic. We can't even merge the two metw fora, after all...
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Thorsten the Traveller
Chairman

Postby thorondor » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:40 pm

i think we should start anew from the scratch. i had a look at this list, and it looks like 90% of it is no longer valid.
first: what i sneeded to be called an active council? a certain number of players that meet regularly for games/tournaments. maybe nationals? at least a contact person that is available and replies to any new players.
so how many nations are tehre still that fulfill these requirements more or less:
spain, poland, germany, italy, finland, switzerland, argentina, austria, colombia. did i miss any?
cahnces are good for france and netherlands i guess.
what about usa&canada? maybe to big as a whole so why not look for regional groups?
thorondor
Vice-chair

Postby Shapeshifter » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:07 pm

Shapeshifter
Council Member

Postby Thorsten the Traveller » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:39 pm

Like said, I would put National Councils under CoE umbrella and give them a place at this forum

Dutch council is dead because old folks are out of the game, yet the Isles of the Dead webpage is still available, but never updated. I don't want to run that page, not sure that I should anyway as it's somebody elses baby, but I am available as contact for the Dutch council, so a section at CoE would be great.

So anyone who offers themselves can continue here, and we'll quickly have an overview of which councils are still active. If they have their own page, so much the better, just link from here and be done. CoE should be spider in the web of all things meccg, we can rename it Council of Shelob's Lair :D
Thorsten the Traveller
Chairman

Postby Bandobras Took » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:05 pm

Council of Cirith Ungol -- a long, hard, climb to the top. :)
Remember, NetRep rulings are official. This does not necessarily mean they are correct.

You probably aren't playing Fallen Wizards .
Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Postby thorondor » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:09 am

maybe all it needs is a precedent. so why not start with the Dutch Council?

what should be part of a subforum for a national playing group?
thorondor
Vice-chair

Postby Shapeshifter » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:08 pm

Probably the 1st reborn council will be the French one. I talked with Franck and Dominique at LURE about this. They definitely like to have a sub-forum on the CoE board for their council. As webmaster Steffen is in Paris right now, Dominique will ask him about this.

The most relevant question we stumbled upon was: what forum categories should be available in each NC sub-forum?
I think this depends a lot on the country. Countries with mostly non-English speakers should probably also have categories like Rules Questions or Decks. While this is not that important for many other countries. In the German forum for example the Rules section is near to zero use and the Deck section is mainly used by one player only.

Categories that should be available for all councils are Events & Playgroups. There should also be a sticky topic with information about contact persons, web links and other important stuff.
Shapeshifter
Council Member

Postby Darksatin » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:47 pm

I see something like that for a French sub-forum :
- Introduce Yourself (Présentez-vous)
- Events and Tournaments (Evénements et Tournois)
- Rules, Playing Aids and Game Formats (Règles, Aides de jeu, et Formats de jeu)
- French cards (Les cartes en Français)
- GCCG
- General (Divers)
That may change as needed. Each council may have different needs.
I can see this with Steffen.
We do not need a lot of categories. It must be only for our national affairs.
We do not want to isolate ourselves from the international forum.
Last edited by Darksatin on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darksatin

Postby Shapeshifter » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:10 pm

Shapeshifter
Council Member

Postby Shapeshifter » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:13 pm

Shapeshifter
Council Member

Postby thorondor » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:44 pm

i suggest not to have too many subforums for said reasons.
if needed we can still add any.

so far i think darksatins proposal looks fine to me.

btw: jiri is trying to get together the czech community again. he already received some positive echo, from old and new players. they will need a www-home anyway, so there is another candidate for a nationl subforum.

@eric: didnt you mention once that there should be something similar for dutchies?
thorondor
Vice-chair

Postby Thorsten the Traveller » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:25 pm

well, there is a Dutch subforum at meccg.net board, but I have serious doubts anybody ever looks there, so I'd love to host one here.
in fact, we should put meccg.net out of its misery alltogether, but that is another matter.
Thorsten the Traveller
Chairman

Postby thorondor » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:13 am

alright, i would like to get a few things done.
lets start with a subforum for the french community. i iwll follow dominiques proposal, its their forum after all. things can be changed as needed.
thorondor
Vice-chair

Next

Return to Agenda Items