[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Council of Elrond • View topic - COE chairman 09/10

COE chairman 09/10

COE chairman 09/10

Postby thorondor » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:25 pm

thorondor
Vice-chair

Postby zarathustra » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:10 pm

http://www.alfanos.org
zarathustra
Council Member

Postby jhunholz » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:58 pm

jhunholz
Non-voting member

Postby Ringbearer » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:09 am

"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Ringbearer

Postby Balin » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:05 am

__

Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria that still draws breath!
Balin

Postby Sauron » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:33 am

Sauron

Postby Frodo » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:03 am

Brian is right; I am, unfortunately, stuck with my head someplace else right now (work), though I hope that will change this year. I don't think I was even aware that this VP voting was going on, except when someone asked me if I was okay with the nomination. (But it may be that I thought I wasn't allowed to vote for myself.)

There's another issue though: some time ago (more than a year) I asked someone (maybe Josh?) if an email alert could be sent to the COE members' email addresses when important COE issues/votes came up on the site. I was told this was an excellent idea, and that it would be done. So, I never thought that there was new pressing information on the forum. Given that, as Balin just pointed out, the COE forum is updated so little for our business, I think this shows just how important such emails are. Of course I could make time for COE business if there were so few posts as there were this year--say, once per season. But what I can't make time for is the *constant checking of the forum* every week to SEE if any business was posted. That's what email should be for (at least, that's how my current work life is organized).

I would like to decline the Chair position. I think someone else would be better as the general manager.

But I would like to reassure everyone that (as you must have noticed), I have a great many ideas in mind for our great game (ARDA, demo game) and am working on a bunch of them right now. For example, I posted a note in the Worlds 2009 forum about changing the format of that convention. I would like you all, as members of the COE, to consider the (middle)earth-shaking ideas I have outlined for how and why to change worlds, and weigh in with your opinions--and then vote!!

I look forward to all of us making progress and change with our community.

--Frodo
Frodo

Postby thorondor » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:32 am

so its time for the election of the next chairman.
as of now we have exactly 1 candidate:
brian min
which makes voting an easy thing. as soon as we have 5 yeas, its sauron who will rule over the COE for the next season.

i will start: yea!
thorondor
Vice-chair

Postby thorondor » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:34 am

ehm, of course i should have asked brian first if he accepts the nomination!
thorondor
Vice-chair

Postby zarathustra » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:12 pm

http://www.alfanos.org
zarathustra
Council Member

Postby Balin » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:26 am

I say yeah too, but I strongly recommend that Brian changes his nickname to... Elessar?? :P

Concerning Frodo's words, I absolutely agree: we need regular emails to know what's going on at CoE.
About Worlds, I could not really say if it is a good idea to change it to another kind of event... I like Worlds as it is now, though I'll support a change if that is your decision.
__

Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria that still draws breath!
Balin

Postby Ringbearer » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:15 pm

Aye for Brian!
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Ringbearer

Postby Sauron » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:02 am

I guess I should post and say I'm accepting the nomination.

I'll vote me too!
Sauron

Postby Sfan » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:48 am

Aye from my side, too.
Sfan

Postby Shapeshifter » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:24 pm

Aye!
Shapeshifter
Council Member

Next

Return to Agenda Items