[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Council of Elrond • View topic - Appointing a new NetRep

Appointing a new NetRep

Appointing a new NetRep

Postby Shapeshifter » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:57 am

Shapeshifter
Council Member

Re: Appointing a new NetRep

Postby Jose-san » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:35 am

If they want to share the NetRep duties, I can't think of anyone better for the task.
Jose-san

Postby the Jabberwock » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:33 am

Personally speaking, I think Konrad and Ben have been the most valuable component of the CoE forums for some time. I don't know where this website would be without them. It is simply fantastic that anyone can ask a question about a game (meccg) which hasn't been in production for about 20 years and receive an educated answer from one or both of them the very same day, almost without exception.

I would also heartily support them for the NetRep position or as part of the NetRep team.

Also, we are currently in need of revising the Charter (we need volunteers!)

See here.... viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2942

So the duties of the NetRep could be modified during the Charter revision (if some of the NetRep duties are no longer practical or deemed necessary, etc.)
the Jabberwock

Postby thorondor » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:43 am

I am not sure, if either Konrad or Ben is the right man for this position. The NetRep is the head of th rules department, so i think he not only needs to answer rules questions, but also to organize things. Especially bringing rules issues to a decision, peparing motions and running them. starting discussions and supervising them among the NetRep members. acting as spokesman between NetRep team and COE/MECCG community. i think this takes some other skills.
i dont say that they dont have this requirements, maybe tboth of them are perfect fit. but first we should define the task, and then look for a proper person.
also, why not having the NetRep team talk baout their head among themselves?

of course i wholeheartily agree with Gavin, that these 2 guys have been invaluable community members for a very long time here in this forum. and it goes without saying that they would make great contributions to the NetRep team.
thorondor
Vice-chair

Postby the Jabberwock » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:13 pm

the Jabberwock

Postby Shapeshifter » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:07 pm

Ok, agreed.
Shapeshifter
Council Member

Postby Thorsten the Traveller » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:30 pm

Why in particular would the role/tasks of the NetRep have changed, or need to change?

As Wolfgang says, NetRep is also a representative position, which involves communicating rules issues and decisions to the meccg community.

To boot, the NetRep should be an active player, imo. If there are decisions to be made, not only technicalities should be considered. However, it could be a joint effort from a NetRep team (with 5 members, the NetRep or chair being the deciding vote).
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Thorsten the Traveller
Chairman

Postby Jose-san » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:18 am

Jose-san

Postby the Jabberwock » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:26 pm

the Jabberwock

Postby thorondor » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:39 pm

Do we have a description of what is hte role or task of the Netrep? I didnt find anything in the charter nor anywhere else.
Maybe I havent been looking at the right place.
But if there is no such thing, we imo should first describe what is expected of this Netrep.
thorondor
Vice-chair

Postby the Jabberwock » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:25 pm

the Jabberwock

Postby thorondor » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:54 pm

uh, i really missed that? i mean, this isnt just 2 or three words. shame on me ...
Well, thats not so bad. A few minor changes are needed, but it is still fine.
thorondor
Vice-chair

Return to Agenda Items