[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Council of Elrond • View topic - About palantir of elostirion

About palantir of elostirion

The place to ask all rules questions related to MECCG

Moderator: NetRep Team

Re: About palantir of elostirion

Postby Bandobras Took » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:49 am

Remember, NetRep rulings are official. This does not necessarily mean they are correct.

You probably aren't playing Fallen Wizards .
Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Postby Konrad Klar » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:53 am

Or we are not...

"If the bearer is a sage: your hand size increases by one and the bearer is able to use this Palantír this turn if he taps."
is what happens/can be done if a bearer is sage, even if he is not able to use Palantír (after all, for what he would tap if he would be already able?),
and is what does not happen/cannot be done if a bearer is not sage, even if he is able to use this Palantír.

If some function of Palantír is not accessible for bearer, even he is able to use this Palantír, why this effect should count as "using a Palantír"?

Distinction between "effect of using a Palantír" and "other effect of a Palantír" may potentially have impact on something (Palantír of Osgiliath is already covered by CRF).
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
Konrad Klar

Postby Bandobras Took » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:25 pm

Remember, NetRep rulings are official. This does not necessarily mean they are correct.

Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Postby Konrad Klar » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:37 pm

Correct.
Hero Palantír of Elostirion does not check for bearer's ability of using a/this Palantír. And Align Palantír will not help a non-sage bearer.

P.S.
Part of effects of hero Palantír of Amon Sûl was not usable until Lidless Eye.
Likewise A Malady Without Healing was not feasible until White Hand (the card cannot be played on opponent's character, and minion player does not control hero characters).
Konrad Klar

Postby Maethmaenor » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:59 pm

Maethmaenor

Postby Konrad Klar » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:39 pm

Konrad Klar

Postby Maethmaenor » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:47 pm

Maethmaenor

Postby Konrad Klar » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:12 am

Konrad Klar

Postby Maethmaenor » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:53 pm

Maethmaenor

Postby Bandobras Took » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:59 pm

The NetRep is currently charged with publishing digests and maintaining the Universal Rule Document (there's a sticky link at the top of the forum). Both tend to happen through this forum rather than any other medium, so far as I'm aware.

Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Postby Maethmaenor » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:40 pm

Ok. I can see the NetRep Corner under RULES AND RULINGS, but only if I visit the forum unlogged. If I log in, I see onlye Rules Questions. I know that the NetRep Corner was made invisible (I read once a thread), but I don't know why it is visible for unlogged visitors.
Maethmaenor

Postby Konrad Klar » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:04 pm

This is a known issue and probably it is not intended effect, even if nobody is willing to fix it. :)

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2194
Konrad Klar

Postby Bandobras Took » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:50 pm

It's mainly my fault; during my tenure on the CoE, I felt that one of the ways in which the game environment could be improved was to both prod the NetRep into activity and push for greater consistency and standards in making rulings.

This naturally upset the NetRep. Now that I'm no longer on the CoE, I don't feel it to be a duty to complain any more, so that ban could probably be lifted. :)

Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Postby Maethmaenor » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:53 pm

And now are the corner and discussion visible (for unlogged and logged). I will take a look gradually in the old discussions. I noted also that I have the 1.1 version of the Universal Rules Document, but had overlooked that there is a newer file in google docs.
Maethmaenor

Previous

Return to Rules Questions