[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Council of Elrond • View topic - Declaring movement to a site in play

Declaring movement to a site in play

The place to ask all rules questions related to MECCG

Moderator: NetRep Team

Declaring movement to a site in play

Postby Jose-san » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:45 pm

Jose-san

Re: Declaring movement to a site in play

Postby Konrad Klar » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:28 pm

I agree.

Otherwise it would be not known which site should be kept on table (in case where multiple sites in play would be reachable by a company that declared moving to a site already in play, and the company would not be first to take its M/H phase in current turn).
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
Konrad Klar

Postby Shapeshifter » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:04 pm

Hmm, this does not cover the similar case (2 companies) when company 1 wants to move from site A to site B, and company 2 from site C to site A. It is usually played the way that company 2 then has to state that it moves to a site already in play. I cant find anything about it in the rules, though. I bet I overlook something...
Shapeshifter
Council Member

Postby Bandobras Took » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:39 pm

I would say you don't have to declare which site until:

1) The company attempts to move there; or
2) The site would otherwise be removed.
Remember, NetRep rulings are official. This does not necessarily mean they are correct.

You probably aren't playing Fallen Wizards .
Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Postby Shapeshifter » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:03 pm

Ok. Forget about my post above. I didn't read the initial post carefully.

The question is:
May a company state that it moves to a site already in play / on the table without telling which site before actually moving with that company. I myself play it often the way that I don't decide to which of the sites in play a company will move until I know - after all other companies m/h-phases - where it is needed most. That way I can move to a site where another of my companies was tapped out just before to do the influence check against my only faction during the last turn ( so that opponent won't double MPs).

If I follow Bandobras then this should be possible.
Shapeshifter
Council Member

Postby Jose-san » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:22 pm

Jose-san

Postby Konrad Klar » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:40 pm

Konrad Klar

Postby Bandobras Took » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:16 pm

If you want to keep a site in play when it would otherwise be removed, one of your companies must attempt to move to that site, and you must have stated that the company in question was moving to a site on the table during the organization phase.

What you cannot do is keep many sites on the table that would otherwise be discarded and send your one company to whichever site is best. You can only keep a maximum of one site on the table for each company stated to be moving to a site on the table, and you must attempt to move at least one company to each of the sites you have kept on the table.
Remember, NetRep rulings are official. This does not necessarily mean they are correct.

Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Postby Konrad Klar » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:09 am

Konrad Klar

Postby Bandobras Took » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:08 am

If, at the time you attempt to move to a site, that movement has become impossible, I thought the movement didn't happen.

If you declare a company is moving to a site on the table, and when the time comes, there is no possible legal site on the table, the company does not move.

A similar situation would occur if a character with Await the Advent declares movement away from Lorien and the Balrog hazard comes into play while Galadriel is at a site other than Lorien in another company's m/h phase. The character will not be able to move even though the declared movement was legal in the organization phase.

Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Postby Konrad Klar » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:50 am

So it does not matter whether a company declared moving to site already in play (not specifying which exactly a the moment) or declared movement using a new site card? If it was using Gwaihir's ability and a new site is in (or no site is not in) ( [-me_sl-] or [-me_dd-]) at beginning of its M/H phase, it cannot move?

(detail: regardless of how Await the Advent of Allies actually works, Balrog of Moria does not make Lorien a [-me_fh-] for purposes of interpreting a resources).
Konrad Klar

Postby Bandobras Took » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:34 pm

Oops. You're right about the Balrog. :oops:

So far as I know, it doesn't matter. You can't move illegally.

If a non-elf agent shows that their movement has crossed through a site that is currently a Wizardhaven, the movement will have become illegal even if it was legal when it was actually done.

In the larger picture, not showing which site on a table a company moves to until circumstances force it is entirely in keeping with moving to a new site anyway.

You play site cards face down. Your opponent doesn't know until the new site is revealed which site it is. Something similar happens with moving to a site already on the table, except there are possibilities to know which site it is simply for lack of options.

Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Postby Konrad Klar » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:58 pm

Konrad Klar

Postby Bandobras Took » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:42 pm

Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Postby Konrad Klar » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:45 pm

Konrad Klar

Next

Return to Rules Questions