[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Council of Elrond • View topic - Several questions related to hoards and at home dragons

Several questions related to hoards and at home dragons

The place to ask all rules questions related to MECCG

Moderator: NetRep Team

Several questions related to hoards and at home dragons

Postby Mordakai » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:40 am

- If I defeat an At Home Dragon, Can I play a hoard item in that site? It has no longer Dragon AA, so it does not contain any hoard... Seems strange (and illogical) but I cannot find anything that contradicts it.

- Same question but if I played a Legendary Hoard on that At Home manifestation. Can I play two hoard items?

- Legendary Hoard: I understand that if the At Home manifestation is somehow eliminated or discarded, it's just inverted (so your opponent cannot just Marvel out your deck's strategy). Ok, understood, but... ¿is the inverted At Home dragon in play? I mean, it should be, so if I go to his lair, i face the AA and manage to get my grotty dirty fingers on all those not-tapping items. Ok, logic says that, but then Daelomin At Homes appears, telling that, if discarded for that effect, it adds +2 to Hazard Limit. Well, imagine I play on my turn Legendary Hoard on her (she's a girl, no?) and then my opponent moves on his turn. I discard Daelomin at Home to add +2 to HL, but wow, it does not discard, just inverts... what prevents me from using that ability again? I mean, the card is still in play, inverted cards (AFAIK) are not trated differently anywhere in the rules... so infinite hazards on my opponent's companies the rest of the game?

Thanks, mates
Mordakai

Re: Several questions related to hoards and at home dragons

Postby Mordakai » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:49 am

Just to add some info to the question:

From MWTD rules:

Any one site with a Dragon automatic-attack is a Dragon's lair. There are nine unique Dragons associated with the following lairs:

Agburanar Caves of Ulund
Bairanax Ovir Hollow
Daelomin Dancing Spire
Earcaraxe Isle of the Ulond
Itangast Gold Hill
Leucaruth Irerock
Scatha Gondmaeglom
Scorba Zarak Dum
Smaug The Lonely Mountain

Certain items are hoard items. Such an item may only be played at a site that contains a hoard. Each site with a Dragon automatic-attack (i.e. each Dragon's lair) contains a hoard.

Underline is mine

Can I say (from the underlined) that a Dragon's Lair from the nine mentioned will always contain a hoard even if the At Home manifestation is defeted (hence no longer having that site a Dragon AA)?
Mordakai

Postby Konrad Klar » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:12 pm

We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
Konrad Klar

Postby Mordakai » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:08 pm

Well, digging a bit I found in Rules Digest 110 and other this phrase in more or less the same wording:

Therefore, a "flipped over"At Home Dragon under Legendary Hoard does not apply any of its effects. This means, more or less, that the At Home dragon is set aside. It does not give extra AA to his home nor generates whatever other effect normally generates (+1 CP to major/greater items... etc.).

And in Rulings Digest 41:

*** The site is considered to be a hoard site until the end of the turn in which the At Home dragon was defeated.

With this two sentences, I think all my doubts have been resolved. Thanks, Konrad!!
Mordakai

Postby Thorsten the Traveller » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:20 am

Yet another reason to play with dreamcard rules, as normally your Legendary Hoard At Home Dragon can never be defeated if it gets Marvelled (at least not your copy). King under the Mountain does not go well together with Legendary Hoard, which makes no sense.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Thorsten the Traveller
Chairman

Postby Bandobras Took » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:15 pm

One wonders what Thorin, Thranduil, and Bard were wanting to fight over, since the Hoard magically vanished as soon as the attack's manifestation had been defeated . . . :)
Remember, NetRep rulings are official. This does not necessarily mean they are correct.

You probably aren't playing Fallen Wizards .
Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Postby Mordakai » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:42 am

They clearly cheated, as they crowned not one, but two Kings under the Mountain, after defeating an AHUNT manifestation of Smaug
Mordakai

Postby Bandobras Took » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:43 pm

It can't have been an Ahunt; Bard wasn't moving.
Remember, NetRep rulings are official. This does not necessarily mean they are correct.

You probably aren't playing Fallen Wizards .
Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Return to Rules Questions