[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Council of Elrond • View topic - Revealing identical unique items at Free council

Revealing identical unique items at Free council

The place to ask all rules questions related to MECCG

Moderator: NetRep Team

Revealing identical unique items at Free council

Postby stedanko » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:19 am

Regarding the rule below, copied from meccg.net:

MARSHALLING POINT MODIFICATIONS
At the Free Council, you may reveal any unique marshalling point cards in your hand that match unique cards that your opponent has in play. Each such revealed card reduces your opponent's marshalling point total by one.

Was fairly recently introduced to this long self-neglected rule, however in even more recent play this question became important. Is the reduction of MPs from the individual category the card is from (i.e. items, characters, allies, factions) or from the final summed total of all MPs? Asking this in context with the other rules of 1) having no more than half your points coming from a single category and 2) the doubling of MPs by reducing an opponent's category to zero.
stedanko

Re: Revealing identical unique items at Free council

Postby Konrad Klar » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:35 am

We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
Konrad Klar

Postby curiousgene » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:48 pm

So, let's suppose, hypothetically, that I had only two types of MPs, item and character. 7 character, and I think 11 item. One of my characters happened to also be in my hypothetical opponent's hand. Following that sequence:

* Add up the points. I've got 7 character, 11 item.
* Double my opponent's Faction and Ally points, as I have none.
* Reduce my item points to 7. I'm not at 50% each for my two types of points.
* Knock off 1 point for the duplicate character.

After doing that, though, I'm now at 6 character, and 7 item, so items now account for >50% of my points. Do I have to knock off another point so no single point source accounts for more than 50%?

(Hypothetically, this happened on Sunday at OrcCon during the Dragon Hoard tournament. I was going to lose either way, but this would determine whether I lost by more than 1.5x or not. There were tournament points at stake.)
curiousgene

Postby Konrad Klar » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:57 pm

You will end with 13 MP (assuming that at least one of your opponents has positive item MP and positive character MP).

EDIT:
Changed "positive MP from items and from characters" to "positive item MP and positive character MP".
Konrad Klar

Postby kober » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:33 pm

kober

Postby Konrad Klar » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:04 pm

Konrad Klar

Postby kober » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:14 pm

How about modification for eliminated characters? I'm pretty sure that killed Wizard (-5 MP) affects the ability to call the Council.
kober

Postby Konrad Klar » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:42 pm

Konrad Klar

Postby kober » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:00 pm

Dzięki :)
kober

Return to Rules Questions