[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Council of Elrond • View topic - pre selection for VC2 (?)

pre selection for VC2 (?)

Where the Virtual Boyz plan their latest capers

Moderator: Virtual Card Development

pre selection for VC2 (?)

Postby marcos » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:42 pm

What do you guys think about starting with a pre-selection of whole the suggestions made to start thinking on a VC2 set???

references and and
marcos

Postby Bandobras Took » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:57 pm

As I've said before, I'd rather see faction battling done correctly than some gimped version that doesn't have large amounts of troops doing their best to exterminate one another.

Just in case, here are the links for and .

I'm not sure how big the putative set 2 should be, but here goes:

Hero Resources:
Virtual Ringlore from the Helping Ring Play thread.
Jambo's site suggestion for
, with Boder's amendment about avatars being revealed.
Magic Ring of Nature from the helping Ring Play thread.

FW Resources/Characters:
Obviously the Fixing Fallen Saruman suggestions
(Jambo's version)

Ringbearer's

Minion Resources:
Thorsten's ideas for

I'll throw in the hazards I like later; that'll be a much more varied list, I believe.
Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Postby Bandobras Took » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:56 pm

Hazards:

Events:
It'll need rewording, but Leon's

Jambo's second
is a must. :)
The "both players" version of Jambo's

Something Else At Work from the ring play proposals.
The Will Of The Ring from the same.

There was also discussion of Earth attacks/helping giants, but I don't recall where.

Also, I would push for some kind Virtualization of Pallando the Soul-Keeper to aid an underused creature strat.
Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Postby marcos » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:13 pm

my favourites:

- fix fallen saruman
-
-
- some representative manifestations of unique cards (like , , , , , etc)
-
-
-
-
-
-
- with some modifications, ben's
- with a bit more work,
-
-
- , the tap a diplomat version to cancel a "lost" card
- i know much about you (don't remember wich was the last version, the one that was inteded to be at VC1 before orc mounts and swag made it to the final version)

i also like some of the ones that ben mentioned but there are so many virtual suggestions that i can't keep all of them in my head... :lol:
marcos

Postby marcos » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:10 pm

marcos

Postby Bandobras Took » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:49 pm

Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Postby marcos » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:52 pm

marcos

Postby Bandobras Took » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:04 pm

I forgot to mention:

Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Postby Bandobras Took » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:11 am

Regarding Agus's idea for a "Lord of Moria" themed quest:

Map to Mithril:
Dwarf only at a site where Information is playable. Tap the Dwarf and the site. Discard this card if the Dwarf's company contains any non-Dwarf character. Tap this card to allow a Dwarf to play Mithril at the Under-Gates regardless of Mithril's normal playability requirements. Discard Mithril if it is not in the same company as Map to Mithril (unless Mithril has been stored).

Balin:
7 Mind Warrior/Diplomat/Sage Dwarf
2 DI
6 prowess/8 body
+2 DI against Dwarfs and Dwarf factions. +1 prowess against Orcs. All manifestations of the Balrog with no body have 9 body. If Balin's company defeats a manifestation of the Balrog, Moria becomes a Dwarf-hold and Mithril and/or Book of Mazarbul may be stored there.
Home Site: Moria

Hopefully, this would make Mithril feasible without making it too easy. Using the Virtual Map to play Mithril precludes using a wizard to Sac of Form the Balrog (since Map would be dwarves only), while using Balin to be able to store Mithril at Moria makes the Balrog tougher with a 9 body.
Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Postby marcos » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:35 pm

And Agus's map to mithril (previously called King under the mountain) becomes:

into dark tunnels?
dwarven hoard?
Secret Entrance?
Misty Mountains?
The dwarves are upon you?

or wich other???

i like your ideas Ben...

What about adding: If Balin is at moria, controlling player may keep 1 more card in hand. -2 MPs if killed???
marcos

Postby Bandobras Took » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:17 pm

Agus' original theme was to reward Balin for staying at Moria. After thinking of potential cards, I thought perhaps the best method was to simply create a Virtual Balin which can complement Mithril and/or Balrog slaying.

I like the extra card in hand while at Moria thing. I'm not sure about the -MPs if eliminated; if anything, that honor should go to Thorin.
Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Postby marcos » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:45 pm

another idea came to my mind while thinking on this theme, what about returned exiles playable if the balrog gets killed?
marcos

Postby Bandobras Took » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:40 pm

Potentially, but that starts making for an awful lot of text. Besides, Dwarves can already get a lot of MPs out of Moria/Under-Gates (Durin's Axe/Arkenstone if nothing else).
Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Postby marcos » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:38 pm

marcos

Postby Frodo » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:25 am

Frodo

Next

Return to Development