[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Council of Elrond • View topic - Free To Choose

Free To Choose

Moderator: VC Admins

Free To Choose

Postby Bandobras Took » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:11 am

Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Postby Thorsten the Traveller » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:29 am

Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Thorsten the Traveller
Chairman

Postby Leon » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:23 am

Leon

Postby BoderHamster » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:48 am

BoderHamster

Postby marcos » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:07 pm

marcos

Postby Bandobras Took » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:23 pm

To answer a few questions (as best as I can):

First off, I thought up the card because I was receiving a lot of grief from a particular agent in a game and thought, "Man, I wish I could just influence him."

I made it Organization phase for two reasons:

1) It won't completely emasculate agent play by turning an agent into a character the same turn your opponent plays him, and

2) I didn't want to make another card that lets a person play characters outside the organization phase.

As for Precious/Lobelia -- good point, let's say "hazard agent" instead of "minion agent," as that will also clear up potential confusion later on.

Yes, there are few occasions where a diplomat and an agent would have the same home site, but I feel those occasions ought to be rewarded. +3 is pretty good, and same race would make it too common.

Depending on the deck, I think it would be a straight up card. For example, anybody doing a Hero Mordor raid might savor the chance to get Golodhros on their side. With an effect so potentially strong, I don't think an alternate use is required.

@ Leon:

That was the idea. Influence according to the Influence rules -- perhaps we should add the cross-alignment penalty, since you're trying to convince a bad guy to be a good guy again. So:

Playable on a Diplomat during the Organization Phase instead of playing a character. Target diplomat may make an influence attempt against a hazard agent at the same site as though target agent were a Minion Character modified by +3 if they have the same home site and not modified by general influence. If successful, place this card with the agent; the agent is now a hero character under your control. May not be duplicated by a given player.

I mention GI because the standard rules for influencing a character mention it, so it needs to be considered.

@ Boder

Yep, you and Thorsten convinced me. There should be some sort of reason for My Precious to have +4 to corruption checks, and it'll be interesting to have negative character points. :)
Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Postby Leon » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:23 pm

Leon

Postby Thorsten the Traveller » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:30 pm

Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Thorsten the Traveller
Chairman

Postby Leon » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:25 am

Leon

Return to Showcase