[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Council of Elrond • View topic - They ride together???

They ride together???

Moderator: VC Admins

Postby Thorsten the Traveller » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:59 pm

I don't get it, in my proposal you could still move to a Darkhold with starter to hunt your opponent, what has changed there? From Morgul all Darkholds can be reached with starter? And you can always move to havens, so, what's the problem? Ah you mean you'd end up with only 2 copies inverted at a DH if you want to attack? that's true. Then again, if you attack you're not going for mp's because you might easily get some rw discarded.

obviously Marcos, killing/discarding 1 RW would mean with 3xTRT: 3x(8/3)=6 (round down). that's math for babies :wink:

@Leon: to get 9 out you'll need some horses probably (unless you boost DI), a cave drake can easily kill a horse, so discarding a horse shouldn't be a great problem. Just realise that if you'd want the mission destroyed with one RW leaving company (which I don't think is fair thematically either), people will only move to Barad-dur and back. I think losing 3 mp's by killing a RW is ok too.

@Joe, if peeps move back and forth between dangerous places, I don't really mind. Ok, is Dead Marshes dangerous? no, indeed, nor is Mount Doom or Nurniag Camp, so what does it matter? In fact, I'd skip shadowholds also then, or we should state: no site in Mordor. What honour is there for the RW's to move around mordor?

But, in sum, I like version 1 (i.e. Joe's revision of my second version).

the speed matter: actually every RW has at least 3 DI, including himself that means he needs a max of 5 horses, 4 if we exclude Uvatha as your RW, but with each point of DI extra he needs 1 less and Witch-king, Dwar and Khamul only need 2 horses. Since you can start the game with this card, I can already move, in the positive scenario I get 9 rw's, by turn 3. Why then is the speed up necessary by adding the ring clause? It's not that I object, but I don't see the need either.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Thorsten the Traveller
Chairman

Postby marcos » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:15 pm

marcos

Postby Frodo » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:34 am

Frodo

Postby Leon » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:39 am

Leon

Postby Thorsten the Traveller » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:10 am

Last edited by Thorsten the Traveller on Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorsten the Traveller
Chairman

Postby marcos » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:12 pm

marcos

Postby Thorsten the Traveller » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:50 pm

thing is Marcos, you need a mechanism whereby you can only move if you have 9 initially, yet you can still move if you lose one. For this we use a tap mechanism (because the 9 requirement can't be constant), yet if you want to keep moving next turn even if you stay 9 together, because you are rivered or whatever, then it's nice to be able to untap.

You think untapping makes it too strong or what? Untapping only costs you mp's so only gives you advantage in terms of turn movement (going from Bag End to barad-dur anyone?)

what's the problem with region movement? I need it otherwise I will have to use FM/LtDQ or I can only plan my 3 movements within the same haven reach, that's not fun and in fact stupid.
Thorsten the Traveller
Chairman

Postby marcos » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:20 pm

marcos

Postby Thorsten the Traveller » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:36 pm

Thorsten the Traveller
Chairman

Postby marcos » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:02 pm

marcos

Postby Leon » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:20 pm

Last edited by Leon on Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leon

Postby BoderHamster » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:41 pm

BoderHamster

Postby Frodo » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:10 am

Moving to B-Dur to store anything is still possible, but on your last TRT movement you'd have to go to a darkhaven not in or adj. to Gorgoroth, then Forced March to B-dur.

I see the "moving again" as central to the card, both thematically and game-wise. You may be building up RWs until your last or next to last turn, and so get to move very far can really help. But also the "last ride of the RWs" gives the card its heart and soul tome... you are getting points for riding out, exploring, and surviving. Anything less than this has been done before.

Frodo
Frodo

Postby marcos » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:18 pm

marcos

Postby Thorsten the Traveller » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:58 pm

Thorsten the Traveller
Chairman

PreviousNext

Return to Showcase