[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Council of Elrond • View topic - Wounded Noble Hound

Wounded Noble Hound

The place where the NetRep and the rules wizards discuss upcoming rulings

Moderator: NetRep Team

Wounded Noble Hound

Postby Konrad Klar » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:32 pm

We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
Konrad Klar

Re: Wounded Noble Hound

Postby miguel » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:17 pm

I think you are right in that a wounded Noble Hound would not receive a strike. But is that really a problem? The dog seems very active and alert even when tapped/wounded, so it kind of makes sense Carrion Feeders can't get to it (nor its master)..? :)
meccgnetrep (at) gmail (dot) com
miguel
Council Member

Postby Konrad Klar » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:13 pm

Great Troll is also affected by this issue. And teleporting Alatar too.

I'm convinced that in all cases texts of these cards says about order of assigning strikes, not about eligibility to be assigned to strike.

EDIT:
Fixed typo.
Konrad Klar

Postby miguel » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:12 pm

Yes it could well be that ICE never intended for Noble Hound to avoid a strike from Carrion Feeders. I think we agree that with the current CRF entry the Hounds do avoid the strike though. As you said changing this would require an errata, and that's outside the scope of this team. I am on the CoE errata team as well, but in my opinion we need to keep any errata we do issue down to a minimum. Changing how Noble Hounds act vs. two (?) rarely played creatures would be near the bottom of the to-do list imho.

I read Great Troll so that he would have to face a strike from Carrion Feeders when wounded. "You may assign a strike as though the troll were untapped" just means he can voluntarily take a strike when he normally could not, not that he can avoid one from Carrion Feeders. Imo there is a subtle difference between how Troll and Hound work.

I'm not sure how Alatar would work with Carrion Feeders. I guess if there are two wounded characters in the company he is joining, he would reassign one of the two strikes to himself? What if there are no wounded characters in the company (you are still allowed to play Carrion Feeders per Digest #50)?
miguel
Council Member

Postby Konrad Klar » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:53 pm

Konrad Klar

Postby miguel » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:16 pm

Yeah I think a ruling would be necessary. But that would not change Noble Hound avoiding a strike due to its CRF entry, correct? Or should 'facing a strike' and 'getting assigned a strike' be considered different things?
miguel
Council Member

Postby Konrad Klar » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:26 pm

Konrad Klar

Postby miguel » Mon May 28, 2012 8:04 am

miguel
Council Member

Postby Konrad Klar » Mon May 28, 2012 1:04 pm

I do not think that teleporting and being assigned to strike are joint actions (like being discarded and discarding all non-follower cards by succesfully influenced character - if he is protected from discarding, he do not discard his cards too, second is only consequence of first).
I think that Alatar can join to the company even if he is not able to face strike ("join and face", not "join to face").

Otherwise (if I'm wrong on this) your ruling is OK.
Konrad Klar

Postby miguel » Mon May 28, 2012 1:36 pm

Yeah I debated about this with myself for a bit, it's close. It really depends how one takes the CRF quote about Alatar above. I feel like this might be a similar situation to Ready to His Will (character needs to tap or you can't play it). Of course we can do it the other way too, not a big deal.
miguel
Council Member

Postby Konrad Klar » Mon May 28, 2012 1:49 pm

I'm not trying to be obstructive needlesly.
But if example will be less (or not) controversial, it will be easier in future to make a ruling specifical to that controversial situation without affecting this ruling.

"For example, Alatar cannot teleport to a company facing Neeker-breekers because he cannot face a strike from them."
would be replaced by:
"For example, Wizard cannot be assigned to strike from Neeker-breekers because he cannot face a strike from them, even if Cloudless Day is in play."
(again, for example).
Konrad Klar

Postby miguel » Mon May 28, 2012 5:10 pm

miguel
Council Member

Postby Konrad Klar » Mon May 28, 2012 5:14 pm

I think that it is correct.
Konrad Klar

Postby miguel » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:52 am

Published in digest #125. Locked.
miguel
Council Member

Return to NetRep Discussion Forum