[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Council of Elrond • View topic - Draft of Digest #122

Draft of Digest #122

The place where the NetRep and the rules wizards discuss upcoming rulings

Moderator: NetRep Team

Draft of Digest #122

Postby miguel » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:15 am

meccgnetrep (at) gmail (dot) com
miguel
Council Member

Re: Draft of Digest #122

Postby miguel » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:41 pm

miguel
Council Member

Postby marcos » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:52 pm

i just posted a couple of things that i would like to be considered for next diggest.
marcos

Postby miguel » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:36 pm

Nice idea but we don't really move that fast. They might make it to the next, next digest. :wink:
miguel
Council Member

Postby marcos » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:47 pm

marcos

Postby miguel » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:57 am

Stickied this for further feedback because I will post the draft for CoE members to view (as I agreed to do elsewhere) at the end of this week, with hopes of actually publishing the new digest next week.
miguel
Council Member

Postby Sauron » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:52 pm

How did you come up with the amry of the dead ruling?
Sauron

Postby miguel » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:54 pm

miguel
Council Member

Postby Sauron » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Sauron

Postby miguel » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:32 pm

Site phase. Even if Old Road was allowed outside it, I'd still argue that "attempt to play" = "make an influence attempt" would make the trick void.
miguel
Council Member

Postby Sauron » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:54 pm

Sauron

Postby miguel » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:51 am

It's really no trouble if you (or anyone else here) think this should be discussed in more detail, I'd be happy to remove it from this digest and open a new thread for it. For now I'll just reiterate my key points:

(i) Army of the Dead does not follow the normal rules for playing a faction, which entail an influence attempt. Instead, the conditions for playing AotD are outlined in its card text.

(ii) Old Road sets up an influence attempt, therefore it is not possible to play AotD with it.
miguel
Council Member

Postby Shapeshifter » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:37 pm

Shapeshifter
Council Member

Postby Wacho » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:03 am

Hi guys,

It's been a while since I've been in the loop, and I'll probably need to brush up on some stuff, but I'll put in a couple thoughts.

I don't see why Old Road couldn't be used to play Army of the dead. Old Road says "allows a character at a Haven to attempt to bring a faction into play" the Army is a faction, granted a special one, but it follows much of the same rules as any other faction (i.e. site phase, tap a character, etc.) The only read difference is that only Aragorn can play them and there is no influence check necessary.

Influence attempts and influence checks are not synonymous. This was hashed out a while back. If there is a reason to revisit that ruling I suppose we can, but I was the one that investigated that and I'm pretty certain there isn't anything left unexplored there.

Also the Old Road/Army of the Dead trick has been around for a long time. I'd bet this has been answered before, possibly even by ICE but I haven't checked the digests.

Everything else looks fine, except maybe 7. I'm not sure of the timing, but it's probably ok.
Wacho

Postby miguel » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:43 am

Ok, I will remove 2 a,b) and 7) for a more detailed discussion. I am not really happy with the wording of 7) and find the whole situation trickier than I initially thought.
miguel
Council Member

Next

Return to NetRep Discussion Forum